среда, 11. август 2010.

AND NOW... HOW I DISCOVERED HER

Well, it was a… Sunny evening. I had English class at 20.00, in another school, since English is not my native language. It was, I think June, and school was ending, and summer was knocking on my door.
After my English class, I ran to the market to by my favorite magazine, Huper. It’s a music magazine, but you could also read about films, art, and so on, and so on. On the cover was Woody Allen, and they were babbling about his best films… There was a new interesting article on Rock N’Roll muses. The ones who inspired some of the greatest musicians that ever lived. There were girls who were with Paul McCartney; some of them were with The Rolling Stones guys… Anyhow, my eye caught this laughing girl on a black and white picture. She had a lovely smile, and was holding a drink and a cigarette with both hands. She had short 60’s hair and 60’s clothes. I read about her. And couldn’t get my eyes of off her! At that time, all I remembered was that Bob Dylan wrote Just Like a Woman" and "Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat, I guess about her. I haven’t talk to Bob about it, anyway ;). And Lou Reed wrote "Femme Fatale". Then, she was in love with Bob. And he married this other woman, Sara. She took that really hard, and died of overdose of barbiturates. All that, about the songs, and her death was all I remembered. When she died, she was 28, like Jim Morrison, so that’s what crossed my mind immediately. Well, actually Jim died when he was 27, but when I read about Edie, I thought Jim was 28 too.
Image of her just stayed in my mind for a while. And disappeared. And came back again. Last summer, her face, anything about her was everywhere I went. It was like she was in the air. And, anytime she wants it, I’ll cross the river Styx, and go for a drink with her. That’s how she stays in my poems, and when she stays in my poems, I know she’s with me.
R.I.P. and Ciao baby!

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар